Costa Blanca Dog Homing is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Costa Blanca Dog Homing may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 17th March 2020.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process personal information about you electronically using the following lawful base/s.
- Lawful basis: Contract
The reason we use this basis: In order to provide a service to you, respond to an enquiry or create a quote we need to collect some personal information about you, your name, email address, address, and telephone number.
We process your information in the following ways: This personal information is used to provide you with the information or service that you have requested from us.
Data retention period: We shall continue to process your information until the contract between us ends or is terminated under any contract terms.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
- Lawful basis: Legitimate interests
The reason we use this basis: To provide security for our own website.
We process your information in the following ways: Your IP address may appear in security logs for a brief period.
Data retention period: For security logs are kept for 7 days (or when the file size reaches 250k) and is then deleted.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect the following information:
- Information about your computer or device including IP address, location, type of browser, and operating system and device.
- Contact information including email address, telephone number, mobile number, address.
- Information needed to book our services.
- Information sent to us by email, through our website, including the message content and email headers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- When you fill out the contact form on our website then we require your name, and email address in order to respond to your enquiry. This information is mandatory and without it we cannot provide you with our service.
- You will need to provide us with your location, address, and telephone number if you make a booking from our website. This information is mandatory as without it we cannot provide you with our service.
- IP Address and browser information can be used to help keep our website secure and prevent fraud. It is possible that this information may be logged temporarily.
- Your visit to the website may be tracked to provide us with usage statistics, but no information is retained that can be personally identifiable.
Third parties that may use your data
We do not pass your personal information on to third parties.
If you book our service, or make a donation to our charity, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
How long is this data kept
Personal information that we collect in order to provide you with a service, e.g. to answer an enquiry, book our service, is kept for as long as is necessary to provide this service, or for as long as the contract between us is valid.
Personal information provided to us for bookings has to be kept for legal reasons for accounting purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our website has an SSL certificate installed and is served encrypted over https. Any data sent to us over this connection is secure.
The security plugins in use on this website prevent spam robots, and hackers from overloading the website or gaining unauthorised entry. It is possible that on occasion your IP address and browser information may be logged by this system.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.You can choose to accept or decline cookies. If you decline cookies it is likely that parts of the website will not function correctly, for example shopping carts will not work and in order to use these services you must accept cookies. You are able to decline non-functional third party cookies such as tracking and your visit to the website will be the same as if you had accepted them.
The cookies in use on this website are:
Website security cookies
Two essential cookies are used to make sure you are not a spambot or hacker. This is part of the website security to keep your visit and the website safe. These cookies last for one day.
• wordfence_verifiedHuman – confirming not a robot
• cookies starting wfvt_
Links to other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Do not fill in any forms on our website asking for personal information.
- whenever you do fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- You can ask us at any time to remove any personal information we hold about you, apart from information we must legally retain for example, purchases. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection legislation. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Or provide you with a copy of this information.